- At Amicus Law & Mediation we have a client centred approach – meaning that we offer the kind of services that we would want if we needed a lawyer. We get that a lot of people are nervous around lawyers so among other things, in order to put our clients at ease, we will:
- Be approachable in our mannerisms;
- Speak in plain language instead of attempting to impress with unnecessary legal jargon or unnecessary use of latin;
- Help clients get their story out by asking the relevant questions;
- Provide the legal advice in the manner that works best for our clients (i.e., in person or if the client prefers visual presentation, we can provide the advice in writing);
- Make our expectations of clients clear from the beginning of the file and make clear what clients can expect from us;
Our areas of practice can be found on our services page.
Kelly A. Driscoll, B.B.A., LL.B.
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association
- River Valley Collaborative Law Group
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Born and raised in Miramichi, New Brunswick, Kelly initially made her way to the Fredericton/Oromocto area when she attended the University of New Brunswick for both her B.B.A. and LL.B. She was called to the bar in June 2009 and opened her own law practice in September 2009.
A proponent of access to justice, Kelly regularly volunteers her time with the Fredericton Legal Advice Clinic.
Her unreasonably intense work ethic is balanced by her whimsical sense of humour and a very patient husband who reports that in the rare moments when she is not working, Kelly can usually be found doting on one of her cats or attempting to sneak back into her office (...usually with a cat).
Kelly's primary areas of practice include:
- Family Law;
- Real Estate;
- Wills & Estates; and
Kelly can be reached at email@example.com .
Shelley Roach Dumouchel, B.A., LL.B.
Shelley was called to the New Brunswick Bar in 1994 after obtaining her Law Degree and Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of New Brunswick.
From 1994 until 2008, she worked as an associate lawyer in both Oromocto and Fredericton gaining significant experience in the areas of Family Law, Insurance Law, Personal Injury, Real Estate and Wills and Estates.
From 2008 until 2011, Shelley was Senior Legal Counsel for the Office of the Public Trustee, Province of New Brunswick.
From 2011 until 2015, she worked in private practice in Fredericton at Mitchell & Dumouchel Law Office.
Shelley has appeared in all levels of court in New Brunswick. Her primary areas of practice are:
- Family Law – Divorces, Separation Agreements, Domestic Contracts, Adoptions, Custody, Access and Child Support;
- Real Estate – Purchase and sale of residential properties;
- Wills and Estates – preparation of Wills, Power of Attorneys, Letters Probate and Letters of Administration;
- Elder law – Applications under the Infirm Persons Act;
- Mediation; and
- Workplace Investigations and Assessments.
A native of Perth- Andover, NB, Shelley lives with her family in Fredericton. In addition to raising a family and practicing law, Shelley is one of the founders of the Oromocto Legal Clinic, a volunteer for Pro Bono Students Canada, and an alternate Chairperson for the Mental Health Act Review Board.
Shelley can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org .